Build security policy into cloud infrastructure with vArmour’s 100% API-driven architecture
Cloud infrastructure trends, such as hyper-converged, DevOps, and public cloud, are driving speed and efficiency into IT, but security often lags behind - slowing the path of applications to market. vArmour allows operators to build security into every new workload as it is deployed by providing automated and orchestrated application-layer security policy that starts and stays with an application, wherever it goes.
Why Use Cloud Security?
Build Security In
Whether migrating to public cloud or upgrading a private cloud, build security policy into infrastructure to match the agility and simplicity of the modern data center.
Secure CI/CD chain with on-demand security policy that starts with and stays with the workload throughout its entire lifecycle.
Security Across Clouds
Centralize security policy management across multi-clouds, without creating additional complexity or seams in protection that can be taken advantage of by cyber attackers.
API-driven architecture scales and automates security
- Extensible security architecture that can auto-scale with workloads and applications, both on-premises and off-premises
- Full-featured JSON/REST APIs integrate seamlessly with third-party orchestration, automation, and DevOps tools, such as Puppet and Chef
- Leveraging these APIs, operators can streamline security policy creation and management to maintain speed of application delivery, without sacrificing security
Global security policies, managed Centrally
- Infrastructure-independent security policy maintains state, regardless of workload location or ties to physical appliances
- Single point of policy management for every workload and application, including integration with existing orchestration tools
- With native support for live migration (such as VMware vMotion), security policy automatically travels with the workload and application, without disruption or security gaps
- Application-awareness results in stronger protection and better definition of policy that can be aligned with development or operations requirements
Distributed, high-performance security processing
- Security processing is dynamically distributed across the vArmour Fabric for greater system performance, without reliance on load balancers or other additional hardware
- Being software-only, vArmour has unmatched performance, scalability, and sizing characteristics to meet DevOps demands, compared to traditional security appliances
- Security services are more elastic, scaling as cloud services scale and orchestrated as part of existing application development workflow
“What we’ve seen in introducing vArmour is the speed that we can implement [security], because the business can’t wait for us to say it’s going to be one day, two days, four days, a week, to put their change in. We need to be so responsive and so agile in our behavior, and vArmour gives us a way to do that.”