Many enterprises are migrating their applications to cloud environments. But, poor visibility into application and workload dependencies can lead to delays, cost overruns, and security vulnerabilities. vArmour can automate this process, significantly improving both the speed and accuracy of dependency mapping, so cloud migrations are on-time and on-budget. The result? Fewer service outages, more consistent security, more predictability, better outcomes.
Why unclear application dependencies cause cloud migration challenges
- Not having full visibility into application dependencies before migration can result in not moving the right applications together, thus leading to service outages post-migration.
- Securing and protecting applications across data centers and multi-cloud environments has never been more complex due to wider attack surfaces and hidden vulnerabilities from unknown dependencies. These vulnerabilities can be exposed during a migration, adding significant delays and added risk.
- Without complete visibility to prioritize which application should be moved first, migration bottlenecks, security exploits, unplanned disruptions and delays result, leading to increased costs.
Start your secure cloud migration journey with enterprise-wide visibility
vArmour solutions simplify and accelerate application migration to the cloud by automating the mapping of application relationships and dependencies across all enterprise environments. With this information, organizations can more effectively plan their migrations to ensure that application behavior – and existing dependencies – are accounted for in new cloud deployments. This helps enterprises avoid the typical problems of service outages and security vulnerabilities that can cripple the business.
Figure 1. Application visibility with vArmour ensures simple and secure cloud migration.
With vArmour, you gain real-time visibility and insights into all your applications across every environment with an accurate asset inventory, a deeper understanding of users and machine identities, and their interconnected behavior.
- Speed and accuracy: With no new agents to deploy, organizations can move fast with full understanding and coverage of applications on mainframes to public cloud. vArmour automates the discovery of application relationship dependencies, providing an end-to-end overview of all applications with drill-down to details.
- Reduce security risk: With vArmour, enterprises can create security policies based on behavior across the IT infrastructure and orchestrate these policies automatically into cloud environments for enforcement. Enforcing consistent security policies across hybrid environments enables enterprises to simplify their security operations and minimize gaps, vulnerabilities, and breaches.
- Improve application resiliency: vArmour baselines and visualizes application traffic patterns over time to ensure these patterns can be replicated consistently in the cloud. A dynamic and continuous view of the dependencies ensures applications are working as they should post-migration.