2016 has been momentous for vArmour - a very busy year with global customers and global expansion, product launches, multiple industry awards, patent innovations as well as a new round of financing. Our mantra “You can’t protect what you can’t see” and our approach to protecting assets right where they reside, have been the catalyst for a fundamental shift in the way our technology is now being perceived and adopted worldwide.
This year, we witnessed the shift first-hand, from vArmour evangelizing the need for segmentation to the very same segmentation technology being identified as a regulatory requirement for the financial services industry. Segmentation has become a “must-have” requirement for the CIO, CFO, Audit and Board to make the infrastructure more secure. Irrespective of whether the segmentation is done by asset, by country, or by functional group, software segmentation is now a foundational requirement to secure a company’s virtual estate.
vArmour dares to be different. We believe in crazy, curious, energetic, enthusiastic innovators that drive for change - people unshackled by staid norms and rules. People who stepped up to do the right thing for our customers, our company and our partners. People who have taken vArmour to new heights and readied us for the next phase of growth, and what a long way we’ve come! We are serving global customers, we have an expanded patent portfolio and our conversations are less about evangelizing and more a discussion of how critical segmentation is and the best way to do so by environment, by asset and by country.
Here’s a recap of the highlights of this truly extraordinary year.
- When networks are global, business has an obligation to be global. vArmour has a presence right where our customers are located - from North America to Australia to Singapore to the Middle East. We’ve expanded to engage with large customers with a global footprint (think financial services, healthcare and critical infrastructure leaders) to help keep their disparate data centers secure, segmented and compliant. These customers are enthusiastic proponents of vArmour’s segmentation solution with agility and operational efficiency being recurring themes in their glowing feedback to us. Our customers have been able to implement security and policy updates to their fabric in a matter of minutes, far less than the 10-day timeline typically required for hardware-centric approaches or complex SDN deployments.
- In our early days, our customers were truly our greatest advocates. We are honored and thankful for our early customers who believed and invested in us and our current and future customers who can see the far-reaching benefits that our technology brings.
Product & Innovation
- New Multi-Cloud Security Architecture release: In late Spring 2016, we released a new security architecture for multi-cloud that offers a framework to help organizations plan and adopt new security capabilities as they embrace multi-clouds.
- vArmour DSS Deception release: In Fall 2016, we introduced vArmour DSS Deception, a cyber deception solution built on vArmour’s distributed security architecture. This Deception product illustrated the power of an all software-based distributed security system that could seamlessly incorporate new security capabilities into the unique architecture of the vArmour fabric.
- PCI DSS 3.2: In late Fall 2016, Coalfire, a respected Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI QSA), completed an independent technical assessment of vArmour’s Distributed Security System against PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) version 3.2 requirements, and found that vArmour DSS Distributed Security System can be effectively implemented to enable enhanced network security in support of building and maintaining a secure network and systems.
- Patent Innovations: We quadrupled our patents portfolio this year with newly awarded patents focusing on segmentation, service chaining and security policy generation using container metadata in the modern data center.
Partnerships & Channels
- Partnerships: We created and solidified strategic partnerships with Telstra (Australia), DarkMatter (UAE), Evanssion (UAE), Coalfire, Nutanix, Intel, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and numerous others.
- Channels: We have a global channel program with a range of channel partnerships, and a new vACE (vArmour Certified Engineer) program that we are proud to offer to our partners.
Financing & industry recognition
- Financing: In late Spring 2016, we announcement a new round of $41M in financing, continuing our investment into growing and expanding our business to serve customers worldwide.
- Industry Recognition: We’ve been blown away by the recognition that vArmour DSS is getting. Some notable ones are SC Media’s recognition of vArmour as an Innovator in Virtualization and Cloud-based Security, CRN 2016’s Tech Innovator award for vArmour DSS Deception, and our customer John Muir Health winning a CSO50 award for their demonstration of security projects and initiatives that have created outstanding business value and thought leadership for their companies.
There’s so much more to share as we build up and build out across the world. We are thrilled and honored to be a key part of our customers’ success. We continue to work full-steam ahead to serve our global customers with their software segmentation and micro-segmentation needs for the modern data center.
Big cheers to 2016 and really looking forward to 2017!